September 13, 2008

A good lunch makes the day for me

Today I felt that I'm one of the luckiest person, having a girlfriend who loves me enough to make lunch for me. And she was not good at cooking, not at all. Although she only prepare those sort of 'western food' for me, I felt that she has done her best and I truly appreciate it.
I hope she know how much I wanna be with her and that I will make sure that this love story is the most beautiful ever written by anyone.

Before I proceed here is some of the snapshot of the delicious meal...


And here's the person trying to finish her job...

Alright...again, I posted her photo without the permission but I guess it's just part of the 'sacrifice' being my girlfriend. Lol! Haha! Just kidding...well, there is some good news. Yen Leng will be working in Public Bank, beginning on the 16th of September. The date seems significant to you? Haha! I'm sure all Malaysians will be watching for the next thing to come...especially somewhere near 916. =P
Anyway I am happy for her...=P

Oops...trying to look good again...ouch! I look like I just wake up...ish!



Imagine seeing this face everyday...one that somehow hmm....makes me smile...=D


And this is for being such a perfect girlfriend.

Alright...I think it's enough of Yen Leng...=P before I bored you too death with my photos....=P
Well, today I manage to download some of my favourite Chinese songs into my PDA phone...hehe...Guang Liang and some other of my favourite. I was checking out on the songs when I terclick Emil Chau's "Peng You"....In English means "Friends"
It reminds me of some beautiful friendships...and yup...as usual...me again...a bit emotional, I had a few drops of tears.
It just doesn't make sense to lose that sort of connection with some people. Anyway I'm trying to look at it from the positive memories left behind and to move on into the next phase of life myself.
I just read some news on the recent arrest of the Sin Chew reporter, Theresa Kok and Raja Petra under ISA. I was not shock or surprise but in a way, a little disappointed at the action.
Here is the news from The Star online...

Malaysia Today editor Raja Petra Kamaruddin and Sin Chew Daily News reporter Tan Hoon Cheng were arrested Friday under the Internal Security Act.

Three Malaysian newspapers - Sin Chew Daily, The Sun and Suara Keadilan - were also issued show cause letters by the Home Ministry.

According to Raja Petra's wife Marina Lee Abdullah, he was not “too surprised” when police told him that we was to be detained under the ISA.

She said her husband had been talking about it (ISA) for some time of late and knew his time was “coming up”.

“It came as a shock to me, but at the back of our minds we knew they (the Government) were going to use the ISA on him,” Marina said at her home in Bukit Rahman Putra here.

She said 10 policemen, led by Asst Supt Mohd Yusof Chem, arrived at their house at 1.10pm. At that time, Raja Petra, Marina and their two daughters were in.

“They asked for Raja Petra’s Mykad before entering the house to conduct an inspection. They looked in all the rooms and the car before seizing some 15 VCDs on ceramahs held by Opposition Leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and 16 books mostly on local political figures,” she said.

Marina said it was only after the policemen completed searching the home that they told Raja Petra that he was being detained under Section 73 (1) of the ISA and would be taken to an undisclosed place.

She said ASP Mohd Yusof read Raja Petra the grounds for his arrest, which was publishing hatred-inciting articles on his blog.

“Raja Petra was in good spirits as he was whisked away by policeman at around 1.50pm,” she said, adding that he was not handcuffed.

“I will be strong for my husband and children and we will fight this all the way,” she vowed.

She said she would discuss her husband’s arrest with their lawyer before deciding the next course of action.

Home Minister Datuk Seri Syed Hamid Albar told The Star Raja Petra was detained under Section 73 (1) of the ISA as he was deemed a threat to security, peace and public order.

He said that under Section 73 (1) Raja Petra would be detained for 60 days.

“The police will do an assessment during this period and if they feel he should be held more than 60 days, the police will then refer to me,” he said.

Syed Hamid also confirmed that Sin Chew Daily, The Sun and Suara Keadilan were issued show cause letters.

"They have been given a week to reply," he added.

Sin Chew's Tan was arrested from her home in Taman Permai in Bukit Mertajam at 8.30pm Friday.

PKR Information Chief Tian Chua told The Star before leaving for Taiwan that he was informed of Raja Petra’s arrest by party colleagues.

“RPK’s daughter sent a SMS to say that her father was arrested about 1.10pm (Friday),” he said when contacted before he boarded China Airlines flight CI 0656, which was scheduled to depart KLIA at 2.20pm Friday.

Raja Petra’s arrest comes a day after the Cabinet ordered the Multimedia and Communications Commission (MCMC) to re­instate access to all blocked websites, including the controversial Malaysia Today.

Energy, Water and Com­mu­nications Minister Datuk Shaziman Abu Mansor said on Thursday the order was made because there were other “harsher” laws in the country, under which authorities could take action against the owners of blogs and websites, instead of blocking it.

“The Cabinet has asked the ministry to direct MCMC to reinstate access to any blocked website with immediate effect.

“At the same time, it is asking MCMC to closely cooperate with the police, the Attorney-General’s Office and the Home Minister to monitor any website or blog to ensure that this does not contain seditious, racist or religiously insensitive remarks.

“Instead of blocking access to offensive websites, the Cabinet wants authorities to investigate and act quickly against the owners of these sites,” he said in Putrajaya.

I strongly believe that Malaysians who want to see a better Malaysia would want to know how can a reporter who simply wrote what she heard can be arrest under such charges. Whether it be Malays, Chinese, Indians or any other race, I believe these sort of arrests only cause disappointment. Seditious, racist or religiously insensitive remarks have been said to be the cause for the arrests and many people would want to know what about the person who make such remark himself? And we all know who is it. If the government indeed want to come out clean and gain the confidence of the public again, the first thing is to take the consequences of their wrongdoings as well. We are a free country...and we want to see an independent country where people of different race coming together acknowledging one another as Malaysians and not "pendatang".
I am a Chinese, but I uphold the Bahasa Melayu more than Mandarin because I see myself as a Malaysians. I have great Chinese friends and I have close Malay buddies as well. And of course the Indians as well. I hope to see a better Malaysia in the days ahead. I only wish the government could finally see the need for justice, integrity and accountability to be practice and not just by sweet promises. Anyone who love Malaysia will want to see a change...change for the better.



1 comment:



You are visitor Website Hit Counter since Dec 10th 2007