February 15, 2009

Changes

Has it occur to you that I no longer blog as often as I did last time? Probably one of the most important aspect of this change is the fact that I am not as emotional as I used to be. One of the weakness that seem to hold me back all the time.
But of course this change might also mean a more cruel and heartless KianHin.
However it is, I believe that this change is essential. Because one can't be too emotional over so many things. Sometimes I wonder if I still care for the last, the lost and the least...or has reality force me to put myself and happiness above the right thing to do? I guess only those who know me well can judge me for that. Today I watch the movie Valkyrie.
An excellent movie I would say...A thumbs up for Tom Cruise this time around!!


Col. Claus von Stauffenberg: Only God can judge us now.
Henning Von Tresckow: God promised Abraham that he would not destroy Sodom if he could find ten righteous men... I have a feeling that for Germany it may come down to one.



But of course, the most memorable quotation came from von Stauffenberg: "I'm a soldier, but in serving my country, I have betrayed my conscience. "

I guess probably it's the most appropriate time to talk about all these with Malaysian own politics in disarray to a certain extend. But when we talk about betraying our own conscience due to our loyalty to any subject or any particular constitution be it your country, or your religion, then this movie is for you.




YOU DID NOT BEAR THE SHAME
YOU RESISTED
SACRIFICING YOUR LIFE
FOR FREEDOM, JUSTICE, AND HONOR

- FROM THE GERMAN RESISTANCE MEMORIAL, BERLIN


I'm beginning to admire more and more of those patriots, and they inspiring me to become someone with principle and integrity.


No comments:

Post a Comment



You are visitor Website Hit Counter since Dec 10th 2007