August 26, 2009

Passion....it's coming back!!

the messiness on the table....and this is only one part of it, consequence of studying too much!! Haha!

First of all, I must thank the first semester test that plays an important part here. It's been far too long that I lost interest on the importance of knowledge. Let's say it sort of stir my interest into it again but anyway what is more important is the passion that is coming back.

I know it is pretty weird to say coming back because passion should be something that's within us and it takes effort to create the passion and enthusiasm into something. Let's said at one point, I was feeling too numb to be feeling any enthusiasm or passionate for something good. It was not until my roommate, Chin Sian downloaded the song from "One Litre of Tears". He was telling me how nice the song is and how sad the story is just from looking at the video clip.

It was weird because I was busy studying when he was telling me and opening the song from the computer. I couldn't fully concentrate at that point. I was feeling sorry for the girl....so eager to live each day and yet her life was cut into such short moments.

I looked back at my life and I know that there are so many things that I did not do though I should. I'm occupied by the word "success" and there are so many things to prove. But all these are nothing for someone who is dying at a rapid rate daily. I knew there are so many times that I've been selfish and that selfishness probably is what contributes to this corrupted world as well.

It reminds me that not doing what is right is the same as doing evil. I wanted to start with my first post on the less fortunate people in this world.

Well, for those who are doctors, then you probably will know the term

Spinocerebellar ataxia.




It is a progressive, degenerative genetic disease with multiple types, each of which could be considered a disease in its own right.
Aya Kito (July19, 1962 - May23, 1998) wrote a diary when she discovered that she had this disease. This disease is one of a group of genetic disorders characterized by slowly progressive incoordination of gait and often associated with poor coordination of hands, speech, and eye movements. Frequently, atrophy of the cerebellum occurs, and different ataxias are known to affect different regions within the cerebellum. And there is NO CURE for this disease no matter how much money you are willing to pay for it.

The diary was about her experience with this disease.
She keeps a diary of not only what she does but how she feels and the hardships she must endure. Initially, the diary's purpose was for her to chronicle impressions she had about how the disease was affecting her daily life. As the disease progressed, however, the diary became Kitô's outlet for describing the intense personal struggles she underwent in coping, adapting, and ultimately trying to survive her disease.

In fact, in one part of the diary, she wrote: "I write because writing is evidence that I am still alive."

It probably was right because even though she died when she was only 25, she left behind a great encouragement to those who suffered this same fate.

Some people write because of money. Some people write because of interest. Some people write because it is their homework but there are these some people that write because it is the only evidence of their existence.

I want to be those who write because I care....that is PASSION!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



You are visitor Website Hit Counter since Dec 10th 2007