July 15, 2010

The courage to live on...

A close friend of mine told me about a weird dream, related to a suicide ceremony. Stuff regarding suicides and all. Well, no worries...my friends and I are not thinking about committing suicide. I knew that some people think that it takes a lot of courage for one to choose to make the decision to take his or her own life. No doubt about that...that action requires someone to think deep and be bold enough to take the step to take his or her own life.
I, for one, will never make this decision. 
However, I don't think of myself as someone who chicken out in life. For those of you who know me well enough, you will know the background of which I come from. For those of you who think that I'm born with a silver spoon in my mouth, it simply means you don't know who KianHin is.
I dare to say that not many people had to go through the kind of shits in my life although while I said this, I must admit that there are tonnes of people out there who live a life that is even more challenging and difficult, and some of these people even make it BIG time. 
Abraham Lincoln, for one, never gave up and live on to put his name in the history books.

I think it is too easy to take your own life. You leave the mess and shits behind for those closest to you to take care of while you go to the "other world". The pain, disappointment and hurt would all be left for those who are alive to go through. If you ask me, it does not take a courage to commit suicide. It takes more than just courage to live on. It requires love...it takes commitment...it involves sacrifice...it is about going the extra mile!!

Do you have the courage to live on?? I do and I don't intend to just live but to make the most out of my life....btw, am currently reading the book "Like the Flowing River" by Paulo Coelho. Will blog more when I have time..

1 comment:



You are visitor Website Hit Counter since Dec 10th 2007