August 01, 2010

another book to read...

I finished reading 2 books, both written by the same author, Paulo Coelho. According to my friend, whatever that he wrote is known as the "metaphysics". Anyway I like the first 2 books that I read so far, the Alchemist and Like the Flowing River. Both books have manage to set a different perspectives at some of the things in life.
Am reading the book "Brida" now and will move on to the "the winner stands alone". 

I know I got a lot of books and notes to study but I think it's important to take time for all these readings...

After reading these books, I google about metaphysics and have a better understanding on the term itself. 
When I read the books, I felt that the author is very much into philosophical thoughts. So, when my friend told me about metaphysics, I google and found that it is actually a branch of philosophy. 
The word metaphysics came from Greek words, with meta meaning "beyond" or "after". The term physics refer to the works on matter by Aristotle. 
It is not easy to clearly define the term metaphysics but generally, metaphysics is an attempt to try to understand the world in terms of existence, objecthood, property, space, time, causality and possibility. 


Probably will blog more about the thoughts that I have from reading these books.


2 comments:

  1. hey, u also like reading.. i m reading one book too.. Glamour by Louise Bagshawe

    ReplyDelete



You are visitor Website Hit Counter since Dec 10th 2007