June 10, 2011

Penang Trip

Penang Trip...I guess I'm gonna blog about this since I've just been there for 3 days. Anyway, it wasn't really a vacation kind of trip...more like going there to see some friends and spend some time in a different environment. 
Well, people said you need to look for the good food while you're in Penang and Ipoh (my hometown) but I'm not really the kind of people that are into food. (so not much about food from this post as well)

Alright, on Tuesday we started our journey at about 6am. We started early because my brother need to work on that day....Intel staff...what the heck! Haha!! Anyway, we had our breakfast in McD in Kulim...(Sorry peeps but I'm a McD fan so I don't mind eating it even in Penang) Then, we went to the St. George's church. It was an accidental visit...not in the plan at all...

Heritage!!

Alright, enough of the heritage logo...now let's take a look at the interior...
 
I like the design of this church better than mine...haha!!

I think there is some recording stuff up there...probably use it to record a sermon..

I always wanted to try choir...never had the chance though even back then...

in memories of the heroes...although I had no idea what they did and who were they...



Apparently this is for baptism..."SUFFER THE LITTLE CHILDREN TO COME UNTO ME"...I don't understand what it means...

Francis Light!!


And this is how it looks like from the outside...not very big but looks good...
 



We had our lunch somewhere near this place...I forgot the name but I managed to take snapshots of it...so here are some of the random photos that I took...




I totally like the view from here:



During the night time, we actually went to Kulim to look for my brother...and we went for "fried porridge"...it's about 25km from Kulim...quite a distance and I actually fall asleep after an hour plus journey....zzz....haha!!


This is really quite nice...:-)
During the night time, we decided to take a walk and look at those clubbing places....haha!! We also went for a light supper in the Red Garden...didn't take photos though but there were some girls with little clothings dancing while a lot of the old men enjoying the views...haha!! Anyway those girls are not hot...

The next day we didn't go out for breakfast...just had a light one in the hotel and then my sis, mom and I walked to First Avenue to jalan-jalan a while....kinda nice but the iStudy store (selling Apple products) don't seem to have iPad 2 for me to play...geez...after that, we went to the famous cendol along the Penang road...

tada!! kinda nice...the lady even teach me how to eat...haha!!



Now this look like those HK style's cafe...haha!!
Well, I also met up with Amay. She fetched me to the Gurney Plaza...we had our lunch in the Manila's Place and then went jalan a bit before heading to Dome's for minum...had a long chat also...
Managed to only capture one photo of her...haha!! Gonna post it here without her permission...

oops!! took this while she busy smsing...haha!!
That night we went to Penang Times Square for dinner and that was the mistake...the place is really empty...I can't really believe my eyes but since it was raining, we decided to just go for the food court.

Well, after makan, we went and buy some stuff for makan...in the only place that's alive in Penang Times Square...and it's called Sunshine...really lame!!

After a terrible night, I went out with Choon Foong and May Kee for a yum cha session...initially we wanna go to Overtime but since it is overloaded with people and a lot of hot chicks as well, we decided to go to next door instead, Coffee Island...not bad also but without the hot chicks...anyway, the purpose of the night was to meet up with these people. It's pretty good to be seeing them again and knowing that they are doing well...very well in fact...haha!!

May Kee

Take 1: Choon Foong, I and May Kee

Take 2: The same people again...
 Even after taking twice also got the straw...geez...didn't notice it...haha!!


The third day was nothing much...we took the ferry...and really, Penang sea smells sucks!! haha!! 











ALL THESE PHOTOS ARE TAKEN while in the ferry...was pretty bored in the ferry so play with the iPhone instead.

Well, we went for our lunch somewhere in Butterworth...



The food is just normal to me but then again, it could be because I am not really into food....

Well, I'm just glad to be there in Penang....am happy to meet up with buddies...and am also glad to be in a different place for a while...haha!! I guess that sums up this short trip to Penang...

3 comments:

  1. is that the fried porridge? wow... nice church interior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya....have you tried the fried porridge? It's pretty nice...haha!! I like the church interior but I've seen nicer ones...this is considered ok though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see the church has been restored. I was there last year and the restoration work was still ongoing at the time

    ReplyDelete



You are visitor Website Hit Counter since Dec 10th 2007