October 03, 2012

Response-ability

No other motivational books inspire me as much as the book by Stephen R. Covey, THE 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE.

For me, the first habit concludes his entire book...PROACTIVE. It was mainly talking about choices.
Whether you know it or not, it is carefully designed by you. The choices, after all, are yours. You choose happiness. You choose sadness. You choose decisiveness. You choose ambivalence. You choose success. You choose failure. You choose courage. You choose fear. Just remember that every moment, every situation, provides a new choice. And in doing so, it gives you a perfect opportunity to do things differently to produce more positive results.

Human beings are special because we are responsible....we have the ability to response....Response-ability.

Honestly, the last few weeks have been pretty disastrous...a lot of things that I'm not satisfied with...at times, it just felt like the world had just fallen apart. I am not the kind of person who talk about things to people...probably, it was due to what I learned in my younger days....

I have decided to push those feelings of miserable and disappointment aside. The truth is: by focusing on what I'm able to do to make things better have helped me to learn a lot of things as well....

So, if the next time you are feeling down, miserable or disappointed, it is not difficult to overcome those feelings...focus on what you are capable of making the things better and you will eventually see the impact of little things. 
I am Response-able....are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment



You are visitor Website Hit Counter since Dec 10th 2007