January 19, 2013

Loving what you are doing...

It is a common fact that if you love what you are doing, then you will excel in it. 

I love Mathematics in school...which is why it becomes my strongest subject. I love blogging, which means writing. My grammar might not be perfect...in fact, it's pretty bad at times but because of the time spent reading and writing, I improved so much that I managed to write a fantastic essay during my MUET exam. 

It's all in the mind...but it's not just the mind...it's what is in the mind that pushes one to do.


The other day during the 2012 Great Eastern Central Region Headstart event in PICC, some of my friends were to act a short scene for the unveiling of the company's Supremacy Summit destinations. They enjoyed what they are doing and while the short scene was full of error here and there, I am pretty sure this group of people can improve in time....because they love what they are doing. 

That is why after the event, I tried to relax and joined 2 of my friends for dinner...to relax and savour the result of the Event...not perfect, but one that is done by a group of staff who are learning to make things right without an established leader. We went to Sakae Sushi for dinner...


We even ordered some of the sushi for makan....not really my style but it's okay once a while...





and this was my main dinner...Yummy!!
Anyway, food was not the subject here...
The question that I asked myself today is simply as this: Do I love what I'm doing? 
Not entirely...but I'm trying to love it more daily...to improve where I was weak, and I see the room for me to learn in the position where I am today. Patience is probably what I need to learn to have as well....I'm definitely hot-tempered and will need to work on that as well...this is where improvement is needed and I find myself loving it when there are things to work on...to improve on. Maybe that's why Goal-Settings become an important part of life.

There was another event yesterday night in a restaurant...the company call it the Gr8 Challenge Dinner

We had abalone....woohoo!! Not that I like it though...





I realized that the team spent quite a lot of time planning on the flow...which is good, and while there are mistakes here and there, I must admit that it was good that the event ended with a lot of smiles...the event was for all the agents and while I'm not a big fan of Agency, I'm happy to see these people being awarded for their hardwork to a certain extend. Disagreement doesn't mean that we can't be happy for others.

These are some of the snapshots taken while I still have time...



the small stage in the Ah Yat Restaurant

the crowd in the restaurant...

a colleague of mine, Stephen busy at the registration counter

Phyllis & Candice

People are still moving around while awaiting for the VIP

Lou Sang!! Chinese tradition...

Ms Chu from Seremban and Jac Ki from Recruitment!!

took this with Alicia


Pang Siang is all smiles, as usual...

JacKi

David Toh & Billy Toh...how's that?

with Gary from Klang....too bad Eric didn't come...

With Alicia after the event ended..
Honestly, it was dead tiring...working with data, trying to manage some of the time to plan and work together on the event flow...but I am trying to love the every single opportunity that I have to learn at this period.

I'm sure I have plenty of weak points...but let's grow and learn together...



No comments:

Post a Comment



You are visitor Website Hit Counter since Dec 10th 2007