Beckham's PSG wages go to Charity

For all Manchester United's fans out there, you will definitely remember David Beckham as the best free kick taker in the history of football. That trademark goal and the constant celebrity news that he brought with...all of those might no longer be relevant to United but as a football fan, I must salute the man for making a radical decision, one that has probably never been done before....



"I won't receive any salary. My salary will go to a local children's charity in Paris. I'm very excited about that. I'm not sure it's been done before. I'm very passionate about children and so are the club."

Beckham pledged to give away his salary to local children's charity in Paris..
While we have some English footballers who claimed to be a die-hard fan for certain clubs and yet we have footballers who refused to pen down a new contract because of apparent lower wages in comparison to rich clubs like Manchester City. 

And as a United fan, I will give credit to Beckham for staying true to his statement until today....

"I've always said that I didn't want to play for another [English] club than Manchester United. I have a long history with them, I supported them and always dreamed of playing for them. I'm honoured by the offers I had from the Premier League, but I didn't want to play there if it wasn't for Manchester United."

It's true that Beckham is no longer as good as he used to be....his fitness is probably in question and he is definitely no Ryan Giggs....but let's give credit for someone who is loyal enough to United and have a big heart enough to give his salary away for charity...


"I want to keep playing as long as possible. My passion is football. When I play, it's never been about the biggest contract and the most money. I want to play for the biggest teams and with the best players."

When Beckham did what he just did, who could said he did not mean it when he said his passion is football....

No comments:

Follow by Email

Theme images by i-bob. Powered by Blogger.