July 02, 2013

Looking for healthy food

I am not the kind of person who takes good care of my health...but I think it's time to do so. I've been talking about it for a while now, and am giving it a try every now and then. I know that consistency is the key but I am sure I'll need more time but for now, I'm looking for healthy food that I can get easily. (as I don't cook in KL)

Anyway, here are some that I found from the internet...




1) BANANA

Well, there are a lot of BANANANANA... posts on Facebook lately thanks to Despicable Me 2. Anyway, this is not about that. Banana is an excellent post workout recovery food item. It is a simple carbo but an instant energy source. They are an excellent source of potassium. (reduction of level of potassium leads to physical weakness) The sugar in banana is also digested quickly and helped to convert into energy. So, next time, after workout...BANANA!! 

2) OATMEAL

Eating oats is a good habit that one must learn to cultivate. It is one of the primary energy boosting foods. Oatmeal is a good complex carbohydrate. It helps to control blood glucose level and also keep the tummy fuller for a longer time. The B vitamins in it are known for improving the level of body energy....so, I guess I found my DINNER meal!!

3) EGGS

Eggs are rich in protein, amino acids and omega-3 essential fatty acids, which are vital for muscle growth, a powerful immune system, brain power and equilibrium of fluids in the body. Eggs are also one of the top high energy foods because they contain more than 10 key nutrients that are essential for your body. Well, looks like I'll need to learn how to make half boiled eggs for tea time or snack...haha!!

4) COCONUT WATER

I know that it is important to drink something else other than coffee and alcohol. Finally, a good "solution"....COCONUT WATER!! 

It’s full of vital vitamins and minerals, such as potassium along with lauric acid. The potassium supplies the body with the nutrients and electrolytes that replenish the body. Lauric acid is useful in accelerating a person’s metabolic process and providing an energy boost. Additionally, coconut water is low in sugar, fat as well as sodium content.

No comments:

Post a Comment



You are visitor Website Hit Counter since Dec 10th 2007