Wednesday is 10,000 steps challenge

I was reading about the health benefits of 10,000 steps a day.

10,000 steps a day is a rough equivalent to the Surgeon General’s recommendation to accumulate 30 minutes of activity most days of the week. It should be enough to reduce your risk for disease and help you lead a longer, healthier life. The benefits are many: lower BMI, reduced waist size, increased energy, and less risk for Type II diabetes and heart disease. In fact, a recent study of the 10,000 steps a day method reported conclusive health benefits.

Wednesday is 10,000 steps challenge Day

 

Anyway, I think it will be quite difficult to go for 10,000 steps a day because basically, you have to walk about 8km....that is really quite some distance. Well, I was thinking how about maybe once a week challenge....so I'm calling Wednesday the 10,000 steps challenge day. Of course, it is not going to be easy to keep this commitment but no harm trying. I'll probably opt for running in gym, walk to take LRT to work or try walking the stairs to my office.

As for now, need to sleep early to wake up early. A friend of mine suggested it to me....hehe!!

Goodnight!!

 

1 comment:

  1. I don't count the steps, but I think a 30mins running session in the gym would suffice. :)

    All the best to your challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Theme images by i-bob. Powered by Blogger.