Simple Health Tips #6: Avoid Ruining Your Life

It may sound easy...after all, who would wanna ruin your own life?

Well, believe it or not...most people are doing things that ruin their own life without knowing it. 

“ If you haven’t got your health, you haven’t got anything.” So says Count Rugen of The Princess Bride, and he’s got a point. I used to be a young man who live the way I want to, eat the things I want to, but I realize that all of these are making me weaker, without me realizing it. It's time to avoid ruining my own lives and here are some of it...

1) SMOKING



Well, most people know smoking is bad but most people still do it. Smoking causes a lot of harm to the body such as premature aging of skin and higher risk for lung and heart diseases. Some people opt for electronic cigarettes and while it helps, it's dependent on nicotine. Other ways to help avoid smoking includes taking gum or patches....but at the end of the day, it's the perseverance and determination that can kick this habit away.

2) DRINKING




I am probably not the right person to talk about this but excessive drinking is bad for your health. It cause permanent damage to major organs like the liver. The empty calories can also put you at risk for obesity. One of the ways to overcome this is to take one glass of red wine a day. Limit yourself to no more than one drink a night. You may not believe it but it makes the difference in the long run.

3) INACTIVITY

Honestly, I feel this is even worse than drinking. Most people do not realize this but most of the jobs today require you to sit in your office the whole day and at the end of the day, it's easier to laze on the couch, in front of your laptop or tv, or playing with your mobile phone. A daily or weekly running or gym activities will go a long way to help you keep yourself fit and healthy. I will suggest you to get the Fitbit Flex to help you track your activities.

4) SUGAR DRINKS/SODA DRINKS

I am a fan of Coke but I realize how bad the soft drinks could be. Drinks with high content of sugar is very bad for the body. I realize that besides soda drinks, there are also other drinks that contain a lot of sugar and we drink it without realizing it....especially energy drinks etc. I try to stick with water instead nowadays and cut down on sweet beverages.

There are a lot of more things that you should avoid...like fast food, extreme dieting, and many others....but here's a suggestion...instead of trying to overcome all of that at one go, take it one step at a time. Try to overcome the 1st item to the 4th items as mentioned...try it for a year and you can see how changing your habit can transform your life.

1 comment:

  1. You must be shocked to hear that I was once a heavy smoker and drinker! Does my face look like one? I am glad I quit them all over 15 years now.
    Staying healthy is so important as our lifetime is so short.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Theme images by i-bob. Powered by Blogger.